I just wanted to let people know we’re really close on opening preorders up for Ice. We have a prototype done, we just need GRRM to pick a leather for the grip and we can ship it off to him for final approvals, then it’ll go up for preorders (assuming he signs off).

So for those who wanted to get in line right away and might need to save up, I would start.

15 Thoughts on “Ice Update

  1. How much would pre orders be?

  2. Michael on October 1, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

    Ice is coming… :)

  3. Will the preorders just be for the Stanless Steel version or will there be pre orders for the Damascus version?

  4. Sweet!

  5. Dwayne on October 1, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

    The pre-order is just for stainless steel. Valyrian Steel has previously said that the date for the Ice Damascus version was unknown and may not be produced at all.

    The question now becomes – should I buy a stainless steel copy now or wait in the hope of buying a damascus version – should one ever be produced?

    I know we are never given anything by this universe that we can’t deal with, but I don’t know what to do! Wait, maybe I should buy one now and buy one later, too!

  6. Dwayne answered the question well.

    The damascus Longclaw is taking so long the factory we hired to make it has sworn off agreeing to do more damascus. We really want to do a damascus Ice one day, but we need to find a new factory to do it. And there are only so many really good sword factories you can contract for this sort of work.

  7. Awesome news!

    Any way to make the numbers available in a first preorders = lower numbers?

  8. Alberto on October 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

    Great news! :) Hope to see some new pictures soon :)

  9. If you don’t mind my asking what company are you having make your swords?

    I have a bit of a collection from several different makers (a few of them damascus) and I was wondering if I already have something by the shop you’re using.

  10. I have a question. Ok so the price will be 280$ but what will be the price of postage? Can you do what you did with Longclaw (if i remember correctly u did something to decrease the size of package or something), but since Ice is bigger i dont know if i’ll be able to buy it, since i live in South-western Europe.

  11. Patrick on October 6, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

    Could you tell me, Valyrian, if the sword will be in my hands by thanksgiving?

  12. valyrian on October 6, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

    Molon Labe!

  13. Any idea on when we might be able to see a size comparison photo of Ice and Longclaw? I have a very limited amount of wall space left and I may have to move Longclaw and Needle to a different location to keep them all three side by side if Ice is as big as I hope.

  14. Please update me when the swords are ready for purchase. I would be so happy to buy one. :)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Post Navigation